Mid West Sports Federation
Expression of Interest – Project Officer
The Mid West Sports Federation (MWSF) is the peak industry body for sport in the Mid West region.
The Federation is governed by a volunteer Board of Management and is supported by its extensive member base, key industry stakeholders and funding bodies to deliver strategic projects and services that address regional needs or priorities. We are based in the Mid West Sports-house, hosted by the Department of Local Government, Sports and Cultural Industries (DLGSC).
We work closely with Regional and State Sporting Associations, Local State and Federal Governments, the private sector and our members to drive our vision for the Mid West to be recognised as the leader of regional sport and recreation in WA.
Our strategic pillars are as follows.
- Promote: Promoting the value and benefits of sport and active recreation
- Strengthen: Strengthening the capacity of the sport and recreation industry
- Advocate: Representing sport and active recreation in the Mid West
- Build: Building the profile, capability and sustainability of MWSF
- Innovate: Creating a vibrant environment in which innovation can occur
Our current portfolio of work includes high profile initiatives such as the following.
- Mid West Sports Tourism Project implementation
- Geraldton Cycle Plan
- Annual sports awards delivery and achievement recognition
- Capacity building and industry leadership activities
- Mid West Sport and Recreation Strategic Planning and regional engagement (DLGSC led)
- Sporting infrastructure planning and alternative funding model exploration
- Value of sport and recreation advocacy (links with the Sports Tourism Project)
The Federation is seeking a motivated and committed person to assist in the delivery of its key priorities from 2020. We will negotiate a flexible work arrangement with the successful applicant – ie could be via direct employment (part time or casual hours), contractual arrangements or other delivery models.
The Federation seeks expressions of interest from people / businesses wishing to have further confidential conversations regarding potential engagement or partnerships.
Our budget range is $30-40k. Office accommodation and supporting resources are included / available at Sports-house. A mobile phone is provided. A vehicle is not provided.
Expression of interest
Please provide a brief proposal of no more than two pages indicating the following.
- Personal details
- Your background and understanding of Mid West sport and recreation
- Whether you would prefer employment, contractual or other engagement
- How much time you could dedicate to the organisation
EOIs must be lodged by 5.00pm on 4 December.
Please email your proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information please contact the MWSF Chair, Mike Bowley on 0429 838 596 or email@example.com.