The Mid West Sports Federation invites you to attend their Annual General Meeting.
When: 5pm Wednesday 30 October 2019
Where: Mid West Sports House, 268-270 Foreshore Drive Geraldton
RSVP: to Sue Patman at MWSF on firstname.lastname@example.org or 9956 2178 as soon as possible
Call for Board nominations:
At the AGM, the MWSF will be seeking to fill six (6) vacancies on their Board of Management. This exciting opportunity would be well suited to community-minded individuals with a demonstrated ability to work cooperatively to achieve agreed strategic outcomes in support of the entire Mid West sporting community.
MWSF Key Strategic Pillars:
PROMOTE Promoting the value and benefits of sport and active recreation
STRENGTHEN Strengthening the capacity of the sport and recreation industry
ADVOCATE Representing sport and active recreation in the Mid West
BUILD Building the profile, capability and sustainability of MWSF
INNOVATE Creating a vibrant environment in which innovation can occur
Role of the MWSF Board of Management:
The primary role of a Board Member is one of trusteeship on behalf of its members and stakeholders, ensuring that MWSF remains viable and effective in the present and the future. The Board of Management should:
- Determine the organisation’s strategic direction, core values and ethical framework.
- Approve, monitor and review the financial and non-financial performance of the organisation.
- Ensure policies on key issues are in place, are appropriate and can be applied effectively.
- Ensure financial and non-financial risks are appropriately identified and managed.
- Provide an avenue for key stakeholder engagement into the strategic direction of the organisation.
- Ensure adherence to good governance practices in line with relevant laws, codes of conduct and appropriate standards of behaviour.
Process for Nomination:
All nominations must be endorsed by a MWSF member organisation.
Please contact Sue Patman at MWSF on 9956 2178 for further information.